BLOG TALK WITH CARDIFF IN A TEA CUP




Jaye is one of my favourite new bloggers to emerge from the UK. Her blog, Cardiff in a Tea Cup, has been an instant hit in Wales. Today Jaye will share what she's gained from blogging and the tips and tricks picked up along the way.

I began my blog Cardiff in a Tea Cup in February of this year. The name of the blog reflects the idea that I wanted to use it as a way to explore Cardiff through its tea scene. This, along with my passion for all things related to tea, is why I started my blog.
I try to write the type of blog that I would want to read. Most other existing tea blogs are reviews of tea samples tried at home or reviews of afternoon tea with no reference to the actual drink at all! I appreciate variety in a blog which is why my posts range from blending own chai at home to tea fragranced candles.

I don't profess to be a tea know-it-all but, I am really pleased when the blog is able to help a reader to learn new things about tea and help them make the most of it. There is so much I still have to learn when it comes to tea culture but I want people to realise that good quality tea can be comparable to good quality food. When a reader takes a recommendation of mine on board I get really excited and it makes the time blogging takes up worth it.

I always knew that blogging would be time-consuming if I wanted to put my best efforts into it but I have quickly learned that organisation is key. I started off by writing posts on the day I wanted to make them live but I very quickly learnt that I would need a blogging routine. I now post every Sunday evening and I have plenty of research prepared for future posts. I also organise a posting schedule in advance so that similar posts are not posted close together. This also helps me to oragnise the many ideas I have in mind for the blog.

Although I have only been blogging for a short while I can already see myself carrying on for a long time to come. I have learnt so much about tea and about Cardiff already but the most exciting thing for me is that I know there is a lot more for me to learn. I have found Cardiff to have a very welcoming food blogging community. I have also made a very good friend in one fellow blogger in particular. I know that continuing to keep the blog fresh and exciting will be hard work but I think that all the effort will be worth it.

Comments

Popular Posts