CARDIFF MARKET

It wouldn't really be a food blog about Cardiff if I didn't include this place. If there is one place that truly captures the heart of Cardiff, it would be the market. It is always bustling and full of life, it offers so much for so little.

From the various fruit and vegetable stand (sometimes I can't decide which one to purchase from) to the vast amount of meat that is on offer, you always find what you are looking for. 
I'm still fairly uneducated in the process of buying meat from the counter. And one day I will find the courage to confidently ask for exactly what it is I want.



One thing I am not afraid to ask for here is fresh cold cuts. To me, there is no better place in Cardiff for freshly cut and cured ham, for exceptionally good prices. Being able to find a butcher these days feels like a lost art, and the deli's in supermarkets don't offer cold cuts this fresh, unprocessed and cheap.
My aim with this blog is to make sure I spend more time in markets and taking advantage of all the food on offer. This is always the first place that I come for stocking up on supplies, or simply to wander around for inspiration.


Comments

  1. I'm surprised at you meat phobia, Brian the Butcher next to the Old Arcade entrance is the man to see for superb steaks and his Brisket joints are legend. Then Susan Bacon Bird for the best dry cured bacon and Ham joints, Not to mention Ashtons for fresh fish, Oh and Pip Yeats for the veggies and bobs you uncle for the weeks shopping GJP Cardiff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like getting the right cuts of meat is something I really need to learn about. Those briskets do sound good though, it has been a while since I've had some!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts