FOOD YEARS RESOLUTIONS 2019

Revisiting this blog has been a joy. Going through the archives, seeing the places I've experienced and the people I've met have been greatly inspiring.

Although I stepped away from this blog for over a year, my love of food, drink and discovering new places remains unchanged. It's been interesting to see what has changed over the years. Many places I enthusiastically blogged about are no more. The units they occupied have changed businesses over the years, proving how disposable our high streets have become. 

Many of my favourite places such as Tea and Cake, KL Canolog, Chaiholics have all disappeared from the Cardiff landscape. Penylan Pantry is flourishing.

Things are always changing.


With this new year, I have decided to make a few changes. They are all food-related, of course. I've never been one for the gym. 

1 - Reduce Food Waste 

This is a big one for me. I have always been pretty vigilant in making sure that I use up all the food in my fridge. With the party season leaving me with a seemingly endless mountain of snacks, cakes, and booze, I aim to give away or use up all of it. As well as making sure I shop smart, I can't let food expire - I can make a meal out of anything! At the end of each week, I aim to have an empty fridge. Food packaging is another area what I want to tackle too, and plan to write about that at a later date.

2 - Host More Dinner Parties

The majority of my favourite dining experiences have been at a dinner party. Even something as simple as pulled pork and cornbread muffins can create a laid-back gathering with friends. I'm kicking off this resolution by hosting a cheese and wine night. Being a cheese connoisseur (and often drunk on wine) this was the logical first party to host in 2019.

3 - Actually Learn to Bake

I have been saying this for years. It hasn't happened yet.

There have been times where I have romanticised a few days off work pottering about in the kitchen, baking some shortbread. Maybe even a Victoria Sponge. The reality is more like standing around, eating biscuits and forgetting all about my Betty Crocker dreams.

What food resolutions do you have for 2019?


(please bear with me while I re-post my previous content - I deleted it by mistake!)




Comments

Popular Posts