ST. LAWRENCE MARKET, TORONTO









The time I had spent in Toronto can be punctuated with one word: food. There was never enough time to eat everything. The city is so richly diverse that it rivals Montreal in the Canadian food ranks. There was a never-ending choice which meant that I had a lot to pack in before heading to St. Lawrence Market.

I had stopped by the neighbourhood of Kensington before making my way to St. Lawrence, and bumped into Toronto food blogger Jenny Roger. Jenny talked to me about the food scene in Toronto and what I can expect blogging about Canada.

As fantastic as the Kensington neighbourhood was I learned early on that to be a food lover in Canada wasn't going to be cheap. And I'm talking Europe cheap. But it was good to find this out early. So from Kensington it was onwards to St. Lawrence Market, which was voted the number one market in the world by National Geographic.



 As I visited on a weekday it meant that I missed the farmers market that surrounds the outside, but that didn't matter, there was plenty to do on the inside.

The market was large enough to keep you well stocked for your weekly food shop. There was also a variety of street food stalls to fill you up as you ventured around. The lower levels offered plenty of tea and cake vendors that was more than enough to keep this Brit happy. Seriously, there was almost every flavour of Clipper tea imaginable.

The beauty of this market lies in the simplicity and care given by the vendors. A must see for anyone visiting Toronto.

You can find the market at: 92-95 Front St E, Toronto, ON, M5E 1C3

Comments

Popular Posts