MODERN INDIAN REVIEW WITH MARKS AND SPENCER


It isn't often I feature reviews on the blog, but when the opportunity came up to review this new range from Marks and Spencer, I jumped at the chance.

The Modern Indian range is the newest offering from M&S and features a huge selection of meals and sides for that perfect evening in. I chose to try four dishes from the range - tamarind duck rice, gunpowder potatoes, lamb rogan josh pie, and crunchy spiced slaw.

The one thing that really grabbed my attention about the range was the inclusion of so many healthy salads and sides. The crunchy slaw came packed with pomegranates and mango which added a fresh sweetness and was accompanied by a chili and lime dressing, which cut through the sweetness perfectly to add some edge.

The tamarind duck rice works well as a lunch alternative and perfect for sharing - which is what I love about the selection here, there is something for everyone. The gunpowder potatoes, mild in flavour, came with the punch you would expect from such a name. Perfectly complimented by the spring onion and coriander, these were definitely the favourite.

Lastly, the lamb rogan josh pie was creamy and had the perfect hit of lamb, which was highlighted by the ginger and yogurt tomato sauce. The mildness was just enough spice that I could handle and made me wish I had picked up a few more portions.

Overall, the Modern Indian range is a healthy and cheaper alternative to a takeaway. Perfect for picking up on the way to and from work and the food is perfect for this cold weather.


Comments

Popular Posts