A DAY AT THE FRINGE FESTIVAL



On the day I traveled to Edinburgh I had been up since 2am. I'd gone from Cardiff to Bristol, Bristol to Glasgow, Glasgow to Edinburgh and then back to Glasgow. It's
a good thing I love traveling. As I was only in Scotland for a few days and I was based in Glasgow, I didn't have much time in Edinburgh. We already had our tickets booked to see Richard Herring later that evening, so that only left a few hours to look around.


There were so many things I loved about Edinburgh. Sure, at the time it was overrun with comedy performers shoving flyers in your face, but you take all that away and you have one beautiful city to look at. The second I got off the train I had already started to plan my next visit.



The first place we visited was the Grassmarket. Which I kept calling the Glassmarket. Sometimes Scottish people are hard to understand, OK? The weather kind of ruined whatever exterior shots I was trying to take as it was raining, of course. But I did take interior shots of Mary's Milk Bar and have a few scoops of Earl Grey and orange peel ice cream.

As you can imagine, there were plenty of pop-up bars, food trucks and stands around the main festival areas. I had a craving for a hot dog and had the NYC dog from the Scoop Street Kitchen food truck, and a possible contender for the best bockwurst I've ever eaten.



 I'm glad I finally got to experience just a small part of this amazing city. I'll definitely be back!

You can read Glasgow food tour part one here and part two here.





Comments

Popular Posts