It has been a long time since I've updated this blog. Despite my best intentions to continue blogging when I moved to Canada, i...

TAKING A BREAK FROM BLOGGING

January 06, 2015 Lauren Mahoney 1 Comments


It has been a long time since I've updated this blog.

Despite my best intentions to continue blogging when I moved to Canada, it had become increasingly difficult to focus on it like I had done before. When I lived in the UK, I had two zero-hour jobs that allowed me the freedom to plan almost all of my free time around blogging. This meant that I had time to create a posting schedule, go out and meet with businesses, take pictures, edit and work on all the admin that came with running a blog.

I had started to become an established part of a community in Cardiff, and had intentions of working to continue expanding my blog with the hopes of growing my audience. I naively thought that enthusiasm would carry over with me to Canada. It did not. 

When I finally decided to settle down in Vancouver, I had all the worries of starting over again. I had to find a place to live, a job and friends. I had too much on my mind to spend afternoons perusing indoor markets and chatting to farmers. But I missed it.

The truth is that the food scene here is different. I felt like I was intruding on a world that already existed perfectly fine without my input. I didn't feel that I had anything new to add to it. In all honesty, I didn't resonate with what was around me. Enter in the fact that I secured a full-time office job, something that I had never done before. This was another new area that I had to navigate and that brought its own set of challenges to overcome. I simply had no energy or time to blog.

During the break I have been working hard to improve my writing and photography. I hope this continued sense of renewed creativity brings me something new to share with you. I feel that there is a lot I have learned from my two years of blogging that I cannot waste.

What I loved the most about blogging was exploring new places, meeting new people and sharing all my newly gained knowledge with others. I hope that I can share the new things I've experienced without alienating the people that enjoyed reading the blog before.

In the meantime, you can continue to follow my updates on Instagram.

Thanks for sticking around!

 

1 comment: