What better way to showcase part of the new Raymond Blanc kitchen range for John Lewis, than with one of his famous recipes? I used this ...January 20, 2014
MOULES MARINIERES WITH RAYMOND BLANCRaymond Blanc kitchen range for John Lewis, than with one of his famous recipes? I used this pan to cook Moules Marinieres, which is a Normandy classic and simple to create. Here's how I did it....
1 white onion, 1 tbsp unsalted butter, 2 bay leaves, 8 sprigs of thyme, 1.8kg mussels (cleaned and beards removed) 100ml dry white wine, 30ml whipping cream, 1 pinch salt and 2 pinches of pepper.
1. Wash the mussels in cold water and remove any beards or barnacles (do not scrub the shells as the colour will run into the cooking juices).
2. Sweat the onion, bay and thyme on a medium heat in the butter for 1 mintute
3. Add the mussels and white wine. Cover with the lid and cook for 4-5 minutes until the mussels open.
4. Add the whipping cream and chopped parsley. Stir.
5. Serve with some French bread and enjoy!
Next week I will be giving away some kitchen goodies from John Lewis. I have two sets to giveaway. So make sure you check back for more details on how to win.