We're talking Abergavenny on the blog today. I've been meaning to go back after I went to the food festival last year, but wasn&#...

ABERGAVENNY FOOD TOUR

January 10, 2014 Lauren Mahoney 0 Comments


We're talking Abergavenny on the blog today. I've been meaning to go back after I went to the food festival last year, but wasn't sure what I wanted to do there. The place is filled with so many independent places I was spoilt for choice. So here is my food tour.

1 & 2 - The market is filled with lots of food producers as well as the standard market stall fare. One of the standouts was Country Fare, who sell a large selection of whole foods and cheeses. A great place to pick up some of Herefod's finest cheddar.
3 - Head down Cibi Walk and you'll find The Miserable Cow Coffee Bar, owned by Fiona Beavan, they stock fresh, organic coffee. Served without a smile, of course!
4 - Off Frogmore Street you'll find Neil Powell Butchers. Here you can buy the finest and award-winning pork pies in Wales. Seriously. We bought the huge one.



Tucked away at the end of Frogmore Street is Eat Your Heart Out. Here, you can enjoy a lunch snack and take home some of the biggest cookies I've ever seen. The butterscotch one is heavenly.

I couldn't finish this tour without mentioning cake. I'm pretty sure Abergavenny runs on the stuff. Not that I'm complaining (maybe my waist line might) but For the Love of Cake and The Tait Gallery made me weak at the knees. Both of these places can be found on Frogmore Street.

1 & 2 - The Tait Gallery shows off its enormous cake slices.
3 & 4 - For the Love of Cake is all cake and fabulous crockery.

Next time you visit Abergavenny, I recommend having an empty stomach!

0 comments: