I think I've been rather neglectful of Pontcanna on the blog. As I don't really have any reason to visit on a regular basis. I so...

PONTCANNA FOOD TOUR

November 28, 2013 Lauren Mahoney 2 Comments


I think I've been rather neglectful of Pontcanna on the blog. As I don't really have any reason to visit on a regular basis. I sort of forget its there, which is a shame, as its a great area for foodies. I also figured I should use up some of the pictures I had sat on my external hard drive....

With that said, there are a number of places I have visited in Pontcanna and I've heard great things about many more. So, here is my mini food tour of Pontcanna....

Pontcanna has some fantastic deli's in The Fat Pig and Bant a la Cart. While Bant a la Cart is more of a one-stop shop for all things gourmet, you can also enjoy a relaxing Sunday morning brunch at The Fat Pig.



During the evenings, The Smoke House share their smokey BBQ delights and impressive range of American beers. Next door you can enjoy fresh and ethical fish suppers from Fish at 85.

Although it is techincally Canton, I thought I would add in Chapter as it's a great way to round-off an evening. After stuffing your face at The Smoke House, you could stop by to catch a late showing of an indie movie or hang out at the bar. Yeah, I said hang out. I think I'm still young enough to say that.

Are there any places you would recommend? I'd love to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. Brava do the scrummiest brunch in Pontcanna, smoked salmon, spinach + hollandaise on an English breakfast muffin + coffee + juice + paper = perfect Sunday. I haven't been able to tear myself away from salmon long enough to try their bacon pancakes yet. But I will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smoked salmon? Bacon pancakes? This place sounds like heaven. I'm sure I'll end up doing a part two of the food tour!

      Delete