I've wanted to try out chili hot chocolate for ages but never really thought about making it myself. Now the weather is getting colder...

CHILLI HOT CHOCOLATE

October 21, 2013 Lauren Mahoney 2 Comments

I've wanted to try out chili hot chocolate for ages but never really thought about making it myself. Now the weather is getting colder and the nights darker, its starting to feel like the perfect hot chocolate season.

As I had recently received a batch of products from Ringtons, I thought it was a perfect excuse to use their hot chocolate for this recipe.

Recipe:
1 packet Ringtons hot chocolate
250 ml milk
1 cinnamon stick
whipped cream
tsp grated dark chocolate
chilli flakes (amount depending on how spicy you prefer it)

Method:
Heat the milk in the pan with the cinnamon until almost boiling, then stir in the chocolate until melted and remove the cinnamon. Add a dollop of freshly whipped cream and a sprinkle of dried chilli flakes and grated dark chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Chilli and Chocolate. Montezuma's do an amazing chilli hot chocolate. I think you can get it in John Lewis.
    My mum used to do it the French way, with cream and melted chocolate then sprinkle the chilli pepper on top. Divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I would experiment with the Sophie Dahl recipe. She uses a full red chilli - I don't think I'm that brave!

    ReplyDelete