I was a little disappointed to find out there would be no cheese festival this year. In fact I had avoided all the food festivals this ye...

CARDIFF COUNTRY FAIR

October 11, 2013 Lauren Mahoney 1 Comments


I was a little disappointed to find out there would be no cheese festival this year. In fact I had avoided all the food festivals this year, as I felt that many of them featured all the same producers and seldom offered anything new. So after I was invited to attend the fair, I thought it would be the perfect way to spend an Sunday afternoon in autumn, and maybe there would be some cheese. Just some.



The country fair had a great selection of vendors - many of them new to me, that lined the food section of the castle. Juice Shack, Moody Sow and Cowin' Lush were some of the new discoveries made. There was some cheese in the form of old faithfuls Blaenafon and Snowdonia - who always offer the most generous samples.

The country fair had enough to keep the foodies happy and enough to entertain families. Plenty of animals were on display throughout, and it was good to see part of the grounds behind the castle incorporated into the layout. All in all, it was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon, even if I quietly pined for the cheese festival.





1 comment:

  1. Surely those alpacas made up for the missing cheese - so cute!

    ReplyDelete