Following on from my previous post discussing my favourite cookbooks, I received some great recommendations from readers and thought ...

COOKBOOKS FOR AUTUMN

August 06, 2014 Lauren Mahoney 0 Comments


Following on from my previous post discussing my favourite cookbooks, I received some great recommendations from readers and thought I would share the books I'll be cooking from during Autumn. Again, I would love to hear your recipe and cookbook recommendations that inspire you during these cold, wet evenings.

Barefoot Contessa

 As I mentioned in an interview recently, Ina Garten is one of my cooking heroes. The simplicity of her recipes are why she's so popular (although you could argue they are too simple.) But I do find myself inspired whenever I read one of her books or watch her TV show.

I've had these two books on permanent loan from the library and love making the crispy matchstick fries.

Sophie Dahl

OK, her TV show was maybe a bit too floaty and fluffy, but her writing and recipes really bring to life the feel of each season or mood. I think From Season to Season perfectly captures Autumn and how the season really affects what you eat. Her beef bourguignon is a winter staple and the goat's cheese and blistered tomatoes are my lunchtime favourite.

What recipes or cookbooks get you in the mood for autumn and winter?

0 comments: