I've recently got super obsessed with BBQ food. I think I could safely blame Hang Fire Smokehouse for that (I actually have some pull...

GRILLSTOCK & GENERAL BBQ LOVE

July 15, 2013 Lauren Mahoney 0 Comments

 I've recently got super obsessed with BBQ food. I think I could safely blame Hang Fire Smokehouse for that (I actually have some pulled pork in the oven right now.) So any opportunity to try out some BBQ wherever I am is always a welcome treat.
So imagine my happiness when I bumped into the PR lady at St. Nicks market in Bristol, who told me all about the new place that had just opened in the Clifton Triangle? (It was too early to eat at the market stand). Well as you can guess, that's exactly where I was headed that evening.


 I was pleasantly surprised by how many fries I had (which I later found out was a replacement for the absent slaw) and the addition of the sweet cornbread was preferred to a bun (new obsession alert!) The burnt ends and pickles were also great. I really loved the vibe of the place, however, it quickly felt like we were all sat on each others' laps. Not so fun. And the reason why the pictures aren't so great.


Seeing how insanely busy it was in there, especially for a Monday night, got me thinking about this type of thing working in Cardiff. Sure, Grillstock have their festivals and a daily stand in the market and have been around for awhile, but would current ventures like this work in Cardiff City Centre? It's proven to be popular on the outskirts with The Smokehouse and Hang Fire, but will Cardiff fully embrace the BBQ revolution? Maybe I'll eat my words. Watch this space.

0 comments: