Marshmallows aren't something I usually think of as a snack or dessert treat. It isn't something I      usually think of...

AT WORK WITH FLUFFY PUFF PUFFS

June 15, 2013 Lauren Mahoney 0 Comments

     Marshmallows aren't something I usually think of as a snack or dessert treat. It isn't something I
     usually think of as being a low-fat alternative to sweets and chocolate, so I was pretty excited to
     be contacted by Louisa Cefaz of London based gourmet marshmallow company, Fluffy Puff
     Puffs. I checked the website to see what was on offer, and, after I saw key lime and ginger
     marshmallows, I was sold. Louisa didn't even have to send me any. Except she did. And I was
     eating a key lime and ginger marshmallow. 
     I was also really drawn to Louisa's story and wanted to find out a bit more as to why she decided
     to set-up her own business.
    After finishing university:
    "After university I struggled to find a good job, unemployed for over a year I ended up working
     part-time in retail. I had bigger aspirations for myself and had to get out environment."
    What gave her the idea to sell marshmallows:
     Initially the idea was to sell hot chocolate on a market stall and I was trying to think of various
     accompaniments that would go with the hot drink. Marshmallows were perfect so I decided to 
     stick with that theme and make them gourmet."
    On emulating American and Chinese counterparts with a twist:
    "My vision is to emulate their business strategy but the difference is that I'm redefining the humble
     marshmallow into an artisanal treat. I experiment with biscuit bases, dark chocolate, peanut butter,
     citrus juices etc, that gives a real twist on the mallow."
    On the future of Fluffy Puff Puffs:
    "My aim is to see my marshmallows on the supermarket shelves but I've got a long way to go and a
     lot of hard work!"

0 comments: