Just over a year ago I decided to start a blog and I thought I would share some of my favourite posts from the ...

ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY POST

June 29, 2013 Lauren Mahoney 2 Comments


























Just over a year ago I decided to start a blog and I thought I would share some of my favourite posts from the last 12 months. I started and stopped some of the ideas I had (hello, picnic project.) And I'm still figuring out the best way to blog about recipes because I'm rubbish at inventing them. However, I have noticed that things I really love to blog about are small food businesses and markets, and some of my most popular posts have been based around farmer's markets or new food establishments.This means that the blog is expanding outside of Cardiff and Wales (I'm not planning on living here forever, you guys) so now is a better time than any to start introducing that aspect to the blog. In the mean time, here is a round-up of the posts I enjoyed working on and I hope you enjoyed reading them!



























My absolute favourite places in Cardiff are Tea & Cake and Hang Fire Smokehouse. I had to stop visiting Tea & Cake after they introduced the new deli because I'm pretty sure I would be too fat to type this post if I had continued. The cheese and olive selection is one of the best I've seen but most importantly, this is a family run establishment and a lot of hard work has gone into realizing the deli dream. It is one of the best independent places on Wellfield Road. 

Without a doubt, one of the best things to happen to the food scene in Cardiff is Hang Fire Smokehouse. Sam and Shauna have worked extremely hard to stay true to the BBQ vision. You won't find two people more committed and passionate about what they do. Not only is the food amazing, they are a total inspiration and embody what this blog is about. You'd be crazy not to check it out!


























There were a couple of recipes that I wanted to share on the blog. My cheese and mustard scones and scotch eggs turned out pretty good. This is an area I am keen to develop and improve on. Also, the Arrested Development cupcakes were a huge hit!





One thing I discovered when I started this blog was the Riverside market. I also featured the much loved Cardiff market and the Christmas market . My post on Cardiff market lead to me writing for We Are Cardiff and featuring in Around Town Cardiff magazine and being nominated for Best New Blog at the Wales Blog Awards!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first year! I'm craving BBQ now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks! You should head down to Hang Fire in Splott if you get the chance.

    ReplyDelete