So I'm all finished up with my uni work,well, I still have loads of exams in May but I have the free time I needed to get back into...

NEW PROJECTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS

April 23, 2013 Lauren Mahoney 0 Comments

So I'm all finished up with my uni work,well, I still have loads of exams in May but I have the free time I needed to get back into blogging. Several projects landed into my inbox recently which couldn't have been timed any better, some TV projects I had to turn down (I never thought I would be one of those people. Yeah, I TURN down TV work now) due to conflicts with my exams and other things I have planned after I graduate. 
Anyway, one that really caught my attention was the Live Below the Line challenge from Oxfam. Basically, I will be living on £1 a day for five days. Which means ALL my meals cannot exceed the £1 limit. No smoked salmon for breakfast, avocado, bagels, sushi....yep it's going to be hard!
As I live with my boyfriend, I decided he had no choice and had to join me. So this made our total £10 for five days, so the same rules still apply, however this makes it way easier to plan the shopping. As someone who doesn't plan my shopping it has been pretty tough working to a budget. I have been putting together some great recipes that will (hopefully) all fit in with the budget, which I will be sharing all next week on the blog.

You can check out the official rules for the challenge here and you can even join in yourself!

(The promotional banner was taken from the Facebook group)

0 comments: