As it is the first end of year post for this blog, I thought I would highlight some of the most popular posts and say a big thank you ...

2012: YEAR IN REVIEW

December 28, 2012 Lauren Mahoney 0 Comments

As it is the first end of year post for this blog, I thought I would highlight some of the most popular posts and say a big thank you to everyone who has been reading the blog and taken time to leave comments. I'm not really one for sentimental things, so I will say that I hope 2013 will be as blog-tasic (I did just say that) as this one!
So my first ever post way back in June looked at the Riverside Market and the response was slightly unexpected/overwhelming. I was under the impression only spambots from Russia gave my blog hits. Turns out it was real people after all. I started the Picnic Project at Bute Park, but due to the unpredictable weather and my lack of planning for picnics, it kind of started and ended with this one. Hopefully the weather will be kind enough (sure it will) for me to pick this up again for 2013.
July saw me get a bit snap happy on my trip to Barcelona, #1, #2, #3, and stumbling onto a crazy protest.
 I visited the Cardiff 'International' Food and Drink Festival and was not happy with the results. Although after having a presentation from the guys who run this event, I can see why it was such a fail. Part 1 and part 2 of my review. Some of my recipes proved to be a big hit as well.
August saw the blog get nominated for a Wales Blog Award and then lose. "What do you mean you didn't win? You put so much time, money and effort into your blog?!" Yep, people. Running a blog is fairly time consuming and expensive. Rant aside, it was cool that people liked it enough to nominate it. I just like to win.
I also visited the arcades and St. Fagans. I also had some fantastic guest bloggers in to review their favourite places to eat in Cardiff.
I headed off to a few food festivals and felt pretty burned out from it all. But the Cheese Festival is always a win. Abergavenny was fun if not a bit stressful, everyone acted like it was the apocalypse whenever free samples were available. Have some dignity people!
 November and December were quieter months, but had some of my favourite posts from the year and gave me a bit of a break from blogging. It was a great time to take a break and think about how often I posted and the time I was spending on the blog. I think I've got the right balance for now!

0 comments: