Tea and Cake is one of my favourite shops in Cardiff. Needless to say, I was very excited to find out that they would be adding a deli to...

TEA AND CAKE CAFE

December 01, 2012 Lauren Mahoney 0 Comments


Tea and Cake is one of my favourite shops in Cardiff. Needless to say, I was very excited to find out that they would be adding a deli to the existing cafe and gift shop.
I was invited along to take some pictures and to try out some of the products on offer by owner Phill. And by golly (yes, by golly) there are lots of products to chose from. In fact, I was spoilt for choice on what to take pictures of, and Phill's enthusiasm and knowledge of the products was pretty inspiring. It is trips like this that remind me of why I started this blog in the first place.
The deli is fully stocked with a wide selection of cheeses and meats, fantastic tasting olives, and not forgetting the best stuffed mini peppers I've ever eaten.
 The deli also stocks Gorno's sausages, and the fennel sausages are an absolute must buy, as well as the creamiest apricot stilton I think I have ever come across. Of course there are plenty of other treats to add to your Christmas food shopping, and supporting your local deli as well as buying your body weight in cheese is definitely not a bad thing.
Tea and Cake is on Wellfield Road, not far from Roath park, and is well worth the visit for out of town shopping.

0 comments: