October has quickly revealed itself this year, so you’d be forgiven if you don’t feel particularly Halloweeny (totally a word!) ...

HALLOWEEN NIGHT IN: PART ONE

October 24, 2012 Lauren Mahoney 2 Comments




October has quickly revealed itself this year, so you’d be forgiven if you don’t feel particularly Halloweeny (totally a word!)

So how about a film marathon to get you into the spirit of All Hallows’ Eve?
If you’re not a fan of ghastly ghouls and brain-munching zombies, don’t worry. We’ll ease you into the Halloween holiday spirit with some classic non-scary Halloween films.

 If you haven’t already seen Ghostbusters, you need to correct that right away. Stop reading this list and seek it out immediately! 
 Why is it a Halloween cassic?

Despite being almost 30 years old, Ghostbusters has truly stood the test of time. Constantly quotable, this fan favourite isn’t just about slimy spirits and witty one-liners. There are still some genuinely spooky moments in the film helped along by the brilliant CGI. And although they take a lot of effort to make, the ghost buster suits are kickass Halloween costumes.  
 This is a recipe that I adapted from the BBC website. I used red onion in place of the shallots, as I forgot to buy some. I also used vegetarian stock in place of chicken stock. I pureed the pumpkin before, as I found it easier to stir into the risotto. I also added some spinich as I love spinich in a risotto!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. I have bought a pumpkin and am pondering ways in which to cook it this weekend.. Love the new bloggy look! Hx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Helen. Tesco have huge pumpkins at 2 for £3, which in a way I'm glad I just stuck with a small one!

    ReplyDelete