So I thought I would throw this one out to the floor and get some feedback. I would love to hear what places people love to visit. ...

THE BEST TEA AND COFFEE SHOPS IN CARDIFF

September 11, 2012 Lauren Mahoney 7 Comments


So I thought I would throw this one out to the floor and get some feedback. I would love to hear what places people love to visit. Maybe there is a place I have never heard of? Maybe one great for getting some work done? Or just good value?

Now I love Starbucks, it's perfect for a grab and go. But when I feel like meeting up with a friend, there are plenty of great independent tea and coffee shops to visit. Each one offering something different, whether it is price, atmosphere or location. Here are a few of my favourites.


So your in the city centre and you fancy a coffee break? Then I would recommend Atlantic Coffee. When it comes to quality and value, Atlantic Coffee is perfect for all budgets and if the weather is nice, why not sit outside and enjoy the view of the castle?


Located at the quieter end of City Road, a Shot in the Dark is one of those cool places that you surprise a friend with, acting like you knew it was there all along. It's part coffee shop, part bar, and the food is above standard for both. And they do the best cheesecake ever.


Tea and Cake is a quirky little place on Wellfield Road. I've spent a small fortune buying all the Rob Ryan products that they sell here. Being right near Roath park, makes it a great place to stop by mid-afternoon on your way to or from the park. It also has a great little garden, making it perfect for families as well. 

What is your favourite place? Are there any you would recommend?

7 comments:

  1. Coffee Barker in the arcades near the castle. I went in there for the first time the other day and the atmosphere was really cool and everything was freshly made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could I not mention Coffee Barker, you can normally find me in there most Tuesday mornings catching up with friends. Now everyone knows that I love Starbucks too, the fact that the Dunleavy Drive store has a drive through is great forwhatnot my way to work, what a great start to the day. Back to Coffee Barker, the coffee is great and always spoilt for choice between the freshly prepared sandwiches/panini to fresh cakes on the counter, oh and the daily soup, all of which are prepared with great ingredients. Did I mention they do a loyalty card too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brazil Coffee Company is the best. On Church Street.
    Mainly (only) because they serve Illy coffee.

    If we're talking major coffee chains; Costa is the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pettigrew Tearooms is lovely if you have time to sit and take in the place.

      Delete
  4. Pettigrew Tearooms - such a great environment and yummy coffee and cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Plan does the best coffee in town bar none. Followed by Coffee #1. Not much of a sweet tooth so can't comment on cakes !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard lots about The Plan. I've only ever eaten in there so can't comment on the coffee. I know I have to try it before I leave Cardiff!

      Delete