I've never visited Abergavenny before. Being a city girl, I consider everything away from my norm as 'the farm' or it being q...

ABERGAVENNY FOOD FESTIVAL

September 20, 2012 Lauren Mahoney 0 Comments

 I've never visited Abergavenny before. Being a city girl, I consider everything away from my norm as 'the farm' or it being quaint. This place was quaint and I didn't see one farm. Although we arrived early (9 am!) on Sunday, the place filled up fairly quickly and before long it became a battle ground. Not as bad as the experience at St. Fagans. Not anywhere near as bad.
Paying for a festival has it's perks. There are less kids. And at this festival, more cheese ice cream. That's right, cheese ice cream. Not only did it come in three flavours, there were also mini cheese macaroons. "That sounds interesting, it's only £1 why don't we give it a try?" I proclaimed. Cut to 20 seconds later and we were throwing a full cup away in disgust. I was excited to see bubble tea. The UK needs more bubble tea and less cheese ice cream.
This will be one of the last food festivals I will be covering on the blog, as I start to evaluate and look at the direction it will be going in for the future. Things such as 'growing my audience' and 'wider outreach' are all things I now need to consider for longevity, in order to continue being myself on this blog, these are all things that I need to learn about.
I really enjoyed my time at the Abergavenny food festival. I'm sure we will be heading back for December.

0 comments: