It's almost that time of year again, the cheese festival is upon us! This is pretty much the foodie event of the summer, and the even...

GREAT BRITISH CHEESE FESTIVAL

September 05, 2012 Lauren Mahoney 1 Comments

It's almost that time of year again, the cheese festival is upon us! This is pretty much the foodie event of the summer, and the event for cheese lovers such as myself. If you are not yet aquainted with these cheese festivities, here is a little bit more information:


"The Great British Cheese Festival which takes place annually in Cardiff Castle (September 22 and 23 - 029 20 230 130 and www.ticketlineuk.com for tickets) has been voted the second best Food Festival in the UK by the Independent newspaper, beating off competition from fellow Welsh foodie fests Abergavenny and Ludlow."

It really is just a great day out, with the backdrop of the castle, it is a perfect way to spend a lazy Sunday, eating lots of cheese and spending time with friends. In fact, here are a couple of pictures of me and my friends doing just that from a previous year. 



I'm really looking forward to trying some new cheeses this year, and super excited to try the new cheese from Bleanafon. Of course, Snowdonia never ever goes a miss. Ginger Spice has become my new favourite of theirs, and I'm always on the lookout for a good goat's cheese. It will also be a great chance to catch up with some of my favourite cheese bloggers and of course, I will have it all covered on here!

1 comment: