By the time the Cheese Festival rolled around, I felt all food festival-ed out. But this festival is the most organised and most competi...

CHEESE FESTIVAL, CARDIFF

September 24, 2012 Lauren Mahoney 0 Comments

By the time the Cheese Festival rolled around, I felt all food festival-ed out. But this festival is the most organised and most competitively priced of all that I attended this year. Sure, there are people there who will push and shove for all the 'free' samples (you paid £9 to get in, none of it is technically free). But it is the most laid back of all the festivals, and being in the castle makes it the perfect setting.
There were some exceptionally priced cheeses this year. Not only did we find some gems such as Butler's Farmhouse cheeses. We were surrounded by some amazing deals and ended up leaving with 8 cheeses and spending less than £20.
We didn't go to any of the talks or workshops. I find that if the weather is nice, its' worth enjoying the castle grounds, the music and drinking some cider.
For me, it was a great way to end my foray into food festivals. Wales produces some of the best cheese and this festival is always worth visiting every year.

0 comments: