Recently, myself and my fellow Cardiff bloggers, were invited to Red Hot World Buffet to try our hand at some cake decorating. Thankfully...

CAKE-OFF AT RED HOT WORLD BUFFET

September 01, 2012 Lauren Mahoney 0 Comments


Recently, myself and my fellow Cardiff bloggers, were invited to Red Hot World Buffet to try our hand at some cake decorating. Thankfully I didn't have to actually bake any cakes as that would have been a total disaster. Instead, we were given a demonstration by head pastry chef Darshan Choudhari on how to make the perfect cheesecake. One thing occurred to me during this demonstration - I do not know how to make cheesecake.


Of course, Darshan made it look so very simple and easy to do. To achieve the kind of consistency and texture the cheesecake provided, a lot of work has to go into it. And I mean a lot. Not being a seasoned dessert maker myself, this type of demonstration was a real eye-opener and made me think about how much more effort I can put into my dessert making, so I will be less disappointed with the outcome. The cheesecake was then decorated with strawberries, cream and some pistachio nuts. All this made for some epic tasting cheesecake.


Once the demonstration was over, it was time for us to attack some cakes. I'd never decorated a cake no larger than a cup cake, so my imagination was slightly limited to say the least!
After piling mine with cream and chocolate, the cakes were judged and a winner was picked. I did not win and was in no way bitter about it.

 Sadly, you won't be able to purchase the cake I decorated. That bad boy is all for me and my boyfriend, who will eat most of it to take away my cake guilt, which is a real thing.
However, there are better decorated cakes available to purchase at Red Hot World Buffet, you can order one as part of your meal, or simply pop in to pick up a cake for an occasion. They are all birthday cake material, and they would make a great alternative to a supermarket bought cake any day of the week. Or if you really just want to eat a large cake. 


 One of you lucky readers will get to take one of these babies home. That's right, any one of those cakes in the above picture can be yours. All you need to do is head over to the CFP Facebook group, click 'like' on the page and then comment on the picture of cake. You just need to say what your favourite cake is, and I will randomly select a winner. It would be mighty helpful if you live in or around Cardiff, so you can pick up your cake directly from the restaurant.

0 comments: