If you went to school in Cardiff or the Vale, it was pretty much the law to visit St. Fagans on a twice yearly basis. Not only that, yo...

A TOUR OF ST. FAGANS, CARDIFF

August 11, 2012 Lauren Mahoney 2 Comments


If you went to school in Cardiff or the Vale, it was pretty much the law to visit St. Fagans on a twice yearly basis. Not only that, you most likely visited throughout the year when your parents couldn't think of anything to do on a sunny bank holiday, or the summer holidays? I'm sure I'm right on all counts there. Not that it matters, because it is an awesome place to visit no matter what age you are.

There is always something exciting going on, something new to visit. Or simply just to wander around for hours without even looking inside any of the buildings. To me, St. Fagans has always offered simplicity and a place to get away from living in the city centre.

Besides offering all those things, it also offers food. Some of the best cheese and bread in Cardiff can be bought here, and it sells one of my new favourites - Blaenafon cheese. It's safe to say that I am obsessed with this cheese, and this is the nearest place in Cardiff I can get it. But of course there is one thing every foodie loves about St. Fagans, right? The bread. Before the first loaves go on sale at 11am, there is usually a queue of people waiting to get their hands on some of that bread.

 It is the perfect place to throw together an impromptu picnic. And there is always the fantastic tea rooms if the weather is a bit gloomy (which was when I took those pictures) Weather aside, it shouldn't really stop you from visiting as there is so much to do inside as well as out. It basically is the best place in Cardiff.







2 comments:

  1. Shocking I know, but I still haven't been to St Fagans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shock! I've loved this place since I was a child. It's free and there is a bus that goes from the museum for £3 return. There is no excuse, Benji!

    ReplyDelete