Currently, I am obessed with Rachel Khoo over at the Little Paris Kitchen . Her twist on classic French dishes are a welcome addition to s...

CROQUE MADAME MUFFINS

July 04, 2012 Lauren Mahoney 0 Comments

Currently, I am obessed with Rachel Khoo over at the Little Paris Kitchen. Her twist on classic French dishes are a welcome addition to someone like me, thanks to Julia Child's overly complicated cook books, is too afraid to cook anything French. The one thing I do enjoy, every now and again, is a croque monsieur. Although French cooking in general involves a lot of butter and then some more, this recipe is very light on that fact. I thought these muffins were a great late afternoon snack and something that I could adapt with all Welsh ingredients. I came across some great local produce to use in this recipe. The eggs, bread and ham all came from Cardiff market, and I used a honey mustard from Avril's Country Kitchen and Caws Cenarth Caerphilly cheese purchased from St.Fagans.

0 comments: