As I mentioned previously, I seldom weigh ingredients, so needless to say, this was something I guess made. There are several recipes out th...

POTATO CAKES RECIPE

July 23, 2012 Lauren Mahoney 0 Comments

As I mentioned previously, I seldom weigh ingredients, so needless to say, this was something I guess made. There are several recipes out there, some use instant mash (yuck!) and some use real mash potato (like normal people), so I scrambled up some other bits and pieces and made some potato cakes.

Ingredients:

Mash potato
Cheese, grated
Breadcrumbs
1-2 eggs (depends on the amount of mash, I used 2)
Bacon, extra crispy
Basil
Sour cream

Method:

Once the potatoes are mashed, mix in the grated cheese, breadcrumbs and egg(s). It depends on how much mixture you have, but I had lots so I used 2 eggs. Mix everything up and form patties and fry in batches of 4. I then added some sour cream, basil and crispy bacon.

0 comments: