If you have read my previous post on the festival, you would think I had a vendetta against old people. I don't, they just happened...

CARDIFF INTERNATIONAL FOOD & DRINK FEASTIVAL, PART 2

July 09, 2012 Lauren Mahoney 0 Comments

If you have read my previous post on the festival, you would think I had a vendetta against old people. I don't, they just happened to be the majority that visited the festival on the Friday afternoon that got in my way. I have it on good authority that if you visited on the Sunday, you would have a vendetta against pushchairs and children. Anyway, despite the shoddy organisation, I wanted this post to focus on the vendors that had their products on offer. One that stood out for me in particular was the Handmade Scotch Egg Company, and their huge selection of various eggs. I wanted to try every single one of them (smoked salmon and cream cheese covered in breadcrumbs? Yes please), sadly my purse and my stomach wouldn't be able to cope with such dreams, so I settled on the Brunch egg which was filled with stilton, apple, free-range pork and an egg. Stilton, apple and pork? Oh my.


There was one food that was on offer in abundance. Cheese. I'm somewhat of a cheese connoisseur, and I've talked about my love of Teifi Valley in previous posts, but one that has stood out for me lately has been Blaenafon Cheddar. I discovered this cheese recently, and I have been obsessed ever since. With cheeses blended with elderflower, chili mustard, apple cider and lavender, it really is fast becoming my new favourite (a title currently held by Snowdonia Cheese) and I just had to purchase their mini stack of four flavours. One of my other favourites, was Little Welsh Deli from Swansea, who offered the perfect cakes, pasties and muffins. Again, I wanted to eat every single thing they had.

As I have already mentioned, the word 'international' seems a bit redundant for this festival, but there is a wealth of Welsh and English produce that is out there, and I for one intend to take advantage of it all. Here is a list of the other vendors that caught my eye and that were kind enough to talk to me about my website.

Murroughs Welsh Brew

Caws Cenarth

Orchard Pigs

Cowin Lush

Lymn Bank Cheese

Celtic Marches



0 comments: