As I have mentioned before in my previous post Picnic Project, Glamorgan sausages are something I am experimenting with to find the perfect ...

GLAMORGAN SAUSAGES

June 13, 2012 Lauren Mahoney 2 Comments

As I have mentioned before in my previous post Picnic Project, Glamorgan sausages are something I am experimenting with to find the perfect cheese. These are simple vegetarian sausages and are completely versatile in what type of cheese you would want to put with them. I love using the Good Housekeeping recipe and adapting it to my tastes. I have tried this recipe with a couple of Welsh cheeses, the Teifi Farm Caerphilly smoked cheddar and Snowdonia's Black Bomber extra mature cheddar. Depending on how strong you like your cheese, these two are a good starting point, should you wish to try out different types. I can imagine that by the time I hit the cheese festivals this year, I will be living on these sausages!

Good Housekeeping Recipe

150g (5oz) cheese (use whatever you fancy here)
200g (7oz) white breadcrumbs (I just stick with Sainsbury's own brand)
3 spring onions, chopped
3 eggs, 1 separated
salt and ground pepper
green salad and a chutney ( I used Emily's homemade Norwich apple chutney)

1. Mix the cheese with about half the breadcrumb mixture, spring onions and season well.

2. Add the 2 whole eggs and the remaining yolk, mix well to combine, then chill for 5 minutes.

3. Lightly beat the egg white and put the rest of the breadcrumbs onto a plate or bowl.

4. This bit gets messy, so use tablespoons to form the mixture into sausage shapes and then roll into the egg white and then breadcrumbs.

5. Once all this is done, pop them in a large hot frying pan for about 5 minutes or until golden.

Once served, watch Game of Thrones and eat!

2 comments:

  1. ooh I love Glamorgan sausages. Black Bomber is a good choice of cheese too. I've made myself hungry :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually got a new recipe for this that I will share on the blog soon. Glad you are enjoying my recipes - I'm currently planning an overhaul on what recipes I share. Just easy, simple & low cost!

    ReplyDelete