The picnic project is something I am eager to get stuck into now that it is actually summer. We have great parks here in Cardiff, and the...

PICNIC AT BUTE PARK

June 09, 2012 Lauren Mahoney 0 Comments

The picnic project is something I am eager to get stuck into now that it is actually summer. We have great parks here in Cardiff, and there are so many of them that I have never been to, or just recently discovered. I also wanted to show that you can have quick and easy to make picnic that isn’t just cheese sandwiches and sausage rolls, and that you can use local ingredients to make great picnic food.


One thing I wanted to cook was Glamorgan sausages with some lovely Teifi Caerphilly smoked cheese, which I purchased at the Riverside market. Breadcrumbs, eggs, cheese and a frying pan is all you need and they take about ten minutes and taste awesome. Another quick snack I threw together was goat’s cheese, spinach and spring onion quesadillas. Again, all in the pan, and they take a few minutes. For the salad, it was a simple tabbouleh recipe, which consisted of bulgar wheat, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, read onion and a splash of Olive et al’s Chili and Mint salad dressing. Simples. I threw in some fresh sweet chili chicken on sticks for good measure and some other purchases from the weekend market and off we went.

0 comments: